No competitions active at present.
(29th Nov 2018)
ACMA Composition Competition 2013
Call for new musical works
Deadline: February 5, 2013
Eligibility: All current ACMA Members
- 1st: $400
- 2nd: $200
- 3rd: $100
The top submissions (up to 10, depending on running time) will be published in the new ACMA Compilation CD “Pacifica”, which will be distributed by the Australian Music Centre, iTunes, and various other music distributors. All Composers whose submissions are published on the CD will also receive a free copy of the CD.
- All participants must be a member of the Australasian Computer Music Association. If you are not a member of ACMA, you can join here: http://computermusic.org.au/membership/
- Only one work will be accepted per participant.
- All works must be composed within the last two years.
- The maximum duration of the musical work must not be more than 10 minutes.
- The deadline for submissions is February 5, 2013. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- A complete and eligible submission must include the following:
- A Completed Contract
- Audio File
- Compressed audio for judging (mp3/ogg/m4a: 192-224 kb/s)
- Uncompressed audio for publication (you will be notified if we need this)
- 2 Channel Stereo
- All participants will retain full copyright of their work.
Who is supporting this project:
Judging will take place using a double blind strategy.
Results will be posted on the ACMA mailing list, as well as the ACMA web site.
Where do I submit my Composition and Contract?
- Use password: acmamember
Please place both the audio file and contract PDF in a single zip file and upload it.
Due to an uploading issue these details replace any previous details you may have read. We have extended the submission deadline until February 5, 2013 to accommodate this change to the procedure. Sorry for any inconvenience.
For more information see: